Share your passion! Ski Instructors must have incredible passion and enthusiasm for the sport, enabling them to provide quality instruction to groups and individuals, adults and children. Keeping a constant eye on safety and teaching accordingly, instructors are a critical piece of the overall customer experience and can set in motion a guest’s lifelong passion for skiing.
Responsible for providing an exceptional guest experience by preparing food and drinks for Echo Mountain guests.
Essential areas of responsibility:
- Produce and serve all food and beverage according to Echo Mountain standards
- Greeting every hotel guest with a friendly smile and welcoming attitude
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area to maximize safety, appearance and efficiency
- Ensuring guest safety and hotel safety by reporting suspicious behavior and tracking alcohol consumption
- Performing work duties in compliance with all safety and security procedures and local health department standards
- Create the highest guest satisfaction possible by having a clean, organized, well stocked work area.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Display a calm and attentive approach in solving problems and handling difficult situation, collecting information and sincerely helping to resolve them.
- Adheres to Echo Mountain’s policies and procedures
Other duties: All Echo Mountain employees are expected to assist in other areas as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have basic knife skills.
- Must have knowledge of equipment.
- Able to work with other people effectively and with other staff positions.
- Must be trainable and take instruction to learn position.
- Have a good attitude toward job as well as guests. Must always appear polite, concerned, with best guest interest in mind.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Good organization and strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with employees, guests, and customers to provide excellent service
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous experience as a line cook preferred
- Previous experience as a bartender preferred
Supervision: This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Must have ability to verbally communicate, demonstrate, and explain concepts clearly to people of all ages
- Ability (in English) to read and comprehend simple instructions and respond to questions, short correspondence, and memos
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions in high elevations. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Echo Mountain is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.